Since incorporation as Melco Sales Singapore in 1977, Mitsubishi Electric Asia has been providing reliable, high-quality products to homes, businesses and industries in Asia Pacific. Located in Singapore, Mitsubishi Electric Asia seeks to be established as a marketing and engineering hub with its well-networked and strategic presence in the region.
Mitsubishi Electric Asia Pte Ltd
- Establishment of Melco Sales Singapore Pte Ltd with divisions in consumers and industrial products.
- Change of name to Mitsubishi Electric Sales Singapore Pte. Ltd.
- Change of name to Mitsubishi Electric Asia Pte Ltd.
- Celebration of 25th Anniversary.
- Spin-off of semiconductor business to Renesas Technology Corporation established by Hitachi and Mitsubishi Electric Corporation.
- Celebration of 30th Anniversary.
Mitsubishi Elevator (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. (Corporate)
- Year of incorporation (The history of Mitsubishi lifts and escalators actually dates back to 1960 when the agency was handled by The China Engineers Ltd).
- Award of Building Construction Authority ISO 9002 certification for the company's quality management system.
- Relocation of company to own 5-storey premises at Kaki Bukit Crescent with advanced maintenance technical and parts centre, high-technology maintenance management system and installation/maintenance tools/equipment.
- Award of the Building Construction Authority OHSAS 18001 certification for the company's occupational health and safety management system.
- Award of BCA ISO 14001 certification for the company’s environmental management system.
- Change of company’s name to Mitsubishi Elevator (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
- Award of BizSAFE Star certificate by Workplace Safety & Health Council.
Mitsubishi Elevator (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. (Projects)
- Completion of the first and fastest lifts (then at 450mpm & changed to 480mpm in 2005) in Singapore at the 50-storey DBS (The Development Bank of Singapore) building.
- Completion of the first Mitsubishi Electric Diamond Vision™ Outdoor Display System in Singapore at the Singapore Turf Club (replaced with a new model in 1996).
- Completion of the first and fastest (then & now, at 210mpm) Outdoor Observation lifts in the world at Pan Pacific Hotel.
- Completion of the first 1600mm wide moving walks in the Asia-Pacific at Changi Airport Terminal 2. (Total: 22 sets of 1600mm wide moving walks, 38 escalators and 25 lifts plus 20 additional 1600mm wide moving walks completed in 1996).
- Completion of 33 lifts and 8 escalators at The Gateway (Twin Towers).
- Completion of the first two sets of spiral escalators in South-east Asia at Orchard Point.
- Completion of four sets of spiral escalators at Wheelock Place.
- Completion of 134 lifts and 3 dumbwaiters at Suntec City, the biggest single project in the company history to date.
- Completion of 15 lifts at SIA building.
- Completion of 557 lifts for HDB 12th term lift contract.
- Completion of 42 lifts and 8 escalators at Singapore Post Centre.
Novena Square (Photo courtesy of Novena Square Development Pte Ltd)
- Completion of 520 lifts for HDB 14th term lift contract.
- Completion of 20 lifts and 4 escalators at JTC Summit.
- Completion of 28 lifts at Novena Square.
- Completion of 11 lifts and 6 escalators at Parkview Square.
- Completion of 48 lifts at Hillington Green Condominium.
- Completion of 13 units of lift modernization for The Plaza at Beach Road.
- Completion of 172 lifts for Keppel Land at The Caribbean@Keppel Bay.
- Completion of 14 units of lift modernization at DBS Building Tower 1.
One Raffles Quay (Photo courtesy of Raffles Quay Asset Management Pte Ltd)
- Completion of 557 lifts for HDB 2nd Term Upgrading Contract.
- Completion of 51 lifts at One Raffles Quay.
- Completion of 13 units of lift modernization at Mandarin Orchard Hotel South Tower.
- Completion of 328 lifts for HDB 17th term contract.
- Completion of 10 lifts and 8 escalators at the Singapore Flyer.
- Completion of major Additions & Alterations to 8 lifts, 25 escalators, 4 moving walks and upgrading of 17 escalators at Marina Square.
- Completion of 23 units of lift modernization at Singapore Land Tower.
- Completion of 46 lifts at Belle Vue Condominium.
- Completion of 13 units of lift modernization at Connection One.
- Completion of 16 units of lift modernization at The Gateway (East Tower).
Ocean Financial Centre
The GateWay (Photo courtesy of Singapore Land Ltd)
- Completion of 26 lifts at Ocean Financial Centre with the fastest lifts in Singapore at 540 mpm.
- Completion of 12 units of lift modernization at Marina Mandarin Hotel.
- Completion of 16 units of lift modernization at The Gateway (West Tower).
- Completion of lift reconstruction of Group Control to Full Destination Oriented Allocation System (Full-DOAS) at One Raffles Quay.
The Metropolis (Photo courtesy of Ho Bee Land Ltd)
- Completion of 35 lifts and 4 escalators at The Metropolis.
- Completion of 11 units of lift modernization at United Square.
- Completion of 31 lifts at Sophia Residence.
- Completion of 28 lifts and 2 escalators at CapitaGreen.
- Completion of 16 units of lift modernization at Monetary Authority of Singapore Building.
- Completion of 12 units Elemotion E-Series lift at Bedok Court.